Sunday, April 1, 2012

The 40 Days for Life Closing Ceremony

I attended the closing ceremony for the 40 Days for Life program.  Roger Lopez and Gene Villinski ran the ceremony along with Vicki Whitmire, Trippy Seelig, and Bishop Flores.  I also saw Elena di Ventra and Timmerie Millington, both of whom have worked on the project in the past.  Timmerie has a few blogs on pro-life activities.  I also saw Pat Hansen, Barbara Sheddy, and a few others from the vigils.  A post-abortive woman from Silent No More spoke of how many women aren't able to forgive themselves after an abortion; it hits close to home, but not for the reason the reader might think.  When I was younger my dad and I were close, but as we grew older a number of things went terribly wrong.  Now my mom has had a recurrence of angiosarcoma; they may know in April whether the gleevec has helped.

The next pro-life activity will be the Pro-Life Stations of the Cross, which I also did last year.

Other news:  Planned Parenthood is building a $6.5 million facility in Fort Worth, Texas.  A contractor walked out after learning the project was for a Planned Parenthood building.

A Florida dad relates that he wanted his then-girlfriend to have an abortion in 1964 when he was 19, and now thanks his lucky stars that it was illegal at the time.


--
"Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer"--Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment