Monday, April 25, 2011

an update, plus some things a few years ago

No luck in going to the vigil tomorrow at the hotel.  The other driver had agreed to work, but didn't realize his school project was due Wednesday, not Friday, so he had to back out this morning.

They’re thinking of reestablishing a booth at the San Diego County fair in the summer.  This is something that pro-life did many years ago which I always looked forward to, and I always hated it when work kept me from going.  I embarked on a walking program beginning in the spring of 2006 so I would be able to do that kind of stuff again.   It consisted of driving around to a number of supermarkets and drugstores and walking the circumference of those stores.   I would stop at one pair of stores, walk the circumference of them, then drive to another set of stores, and do the same.  I got up to around 10 or 12 such stores before making the jump to walking the mall at Parkway Plaza in the fall and winter of 2008 and 2009.  I was on cloud nine when I got to this point, but events would soon bring a big damper on this. 

My dad often suffered falls, which they thought was benign positional vertigo.  In February 2009 he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.  They gave him some medicines and assigned a couple of physical therapists to help him try to walk better, but he continued to fall.  In March 2009 they told us to take him to the hospital, which we did.  He never came home.  He was diagnosed with multiple system atrophy, which is a very severe form of Parkinson’s disease that doesn’t respond to the medication Parkinson’s normally responds to.  He was shuttled back and forth between the hospital and the nursing home about every two weeks.  The chairs at the nursing home were quite uncomfortable for both me and my mom when we visited Dad.  I tried to hide it as best I could, but he sensed something was off.  My dad died on May 3 of that year, after he died I learned I had an old compression fracture of one of the vertebrae.





Dad's_Caringbridge_Page


my_dad's_obit


Could_Shy-Drager_be_a_type_of_Alzheimer's?

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed in November 2007 with Parkinson's Disease. I have left side tremors, balance and gait issues and some non-motor symptoms:  quiet voice, some cognitive decline, small handwriting. I am currently on Sinemet for tremors and Cymbalta for neuropathy related to diabetes and previous chemotherapy. It was on my 25th anniversary of surviving breast cancer that I got the PD diagnosis. I am 69, retired, single woman sharing a house with my sister.  I like to read, quilt, and crochet. I have been reading up on PD.  Until I read too much and it scares me.  Then I put it away until I calm down and can research it some more. I need advice and some direction. I searched further, visited Parkinson’s websites, blogs. I find info about someone having the same symptoms. I was really determined. Fortunately for me, I stumbled on a testimony of someone who had Parkinson’s for several years and was cured through Herbal medication. I read awesome stories of people whose condition were worse. I was not a fan of Herbal Medication, because I once believed that they have not researched it enough. But due to numerous testimonies  I was more than willing to try it…. I contacted  Dr. Fabien, and I purchased the medicine and used just the way doctor instructed. Its a thing of joy to come back and make my review.. It became a miracle for me within 7 months. The herbal medication worked without any trace of side effects on I’m…. totally free. I have been cured for Parkinson’s. I was a shocking experience with the medicine. I never knew I will be free for Parkinson’s disease.  Email dr.fabiencontantin@gmail.com or www.kunimeherbs.com

    ReplyDelete