Friday, April 22, 2011

Pro-life Stations of the Cross

I went to the Good Friday Stations of the Cross ceremony in San Diego today to protest abortion.  We started at St. Joseph’s cathedral and walked over to Horton Plaza and said the mass, then walked back to the church.  I saw Pat, Molly and Debbie there, along with Roger and a few other familiar faces.

The next event is a vigil at the Hilton Bayfront Hotel on Tuesday, April 26, when Planned Parenthood hosts a fund-raising dinner.  I’ll have to ask to have that day off, as I normally work on Tuesdays.  I would have posted about this here, but we got a notice saying not to post it on a public website.  40 Days for Life has since posted it on Facebook, so I’m guessing it’s ok to post here.  I attended such an event last year, but there weren’t that may protesters, less than I’ve often seen at the local PP clinic on Fridays and Saturdays.  It was in contrast to a huge turnout five or six months earlier when Planned Parenthood hosted a “cocktails for choice” event at a bar in San Diego.  There were about 40 or 50 protesters then.  There were a few teenage girls who were screaming, “It’s a child, not a choice!”  There was nothing of this at the Hotel a few months later, at least in the time I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment