Saturday, August 13, 2011

Today's Mother-of-Life conference

I managed to get to the Mother of Life Conference today.  They had a number of speakers, among them Alveda King, niece of slain civil-rights leader Martin Luther King.  I didn't attend any of the lectures, partly because the seats looked uncomfortable, partly because I didn't think I could stay for the whole day anyway.  I did see a number of booths from various pro-life groups there; it was like a giant version of the Del Mar fair booths.   Life Perspectives, the people I do the Life walk with, was there.    I'd gotten a sponsor pledge form the day before and was able to secure a few pledges from people I know there.  One of the people I ran into was Tim Houze, someone I knew from San Diego State's pro-life group more than thirty years ago.  He updated me on how others in the group were doing, and I got him to sign the pledge.  His wife had rheumatoid arthritis more than thirty years ago, and over the years has gotten worse, now apparently in a wheelchair.



--

"Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer"--Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010)


No comments:

Post a Comment