Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today at the Planned Parenthood clinic

I joined the others in the group outside the Planned Parenthood clinic in El Cajon Saturday.  It didn’t really go over very well.  We said the rosary as we usually do, and in the middle of this an older couple asked us about birth control.  The lady in charge of leaflet distribution said simply, “It’s a sin.”   I started to say “I disagree” but was clearly out of place.  If they had responded by saying the Pill causes early abortion I would have been able to argue that the evidence isn’t as convincing as is often believed.  As it was I simply gave them the rosary pamphlet and left.  I didn’t really want to do that.  I’ve often had to leave early because of difficulty standing for long periods, and the people there have been understanding.  But is it any wonder we lose the younger people? 

No comments:

Post a Comment